Learn how to use Funnelytics Actions
What are Actions?
Actions are a visual representation of behavior that can happen on your page other than just the initial page view.
How to Map Actions
Right-click on the canvas > click "ADD STEP" > Go to the Actions Tab > Select the desired action.
How to Receive Action Data:
Currently, there are 2 ways of receiving action data.
AFTER DATA IS RECEIVED you will be able to associate the event data with an action.
A developer should easily be able to identify the action you want to track and then trigger the action script based on that behavior.
If you do not have a developer available, we recommend you use Google Tag Manager to identify the behaviors, called triggers in GTM, and trigger the script as a tag.
We have a few guides on how to install some of the actions using Google Tag Manager here:
- Track button clicks using GTM
- Scroll depth action using GTM
- Track youtube videos in your funnel using GTM
In this example the event name of click and the properties (displayed as button: 'main_cta' in the example) are customizable.
Follow this guide on how to set up and send API events into Funnelytics.
How to Assign Action Data To An Action Icon
AFTER data has been received in the workspace, you can right-click anywhere on the canvas, go to the explore tab, then click on the Actions tab. You will see a list of all the actions that we have received data for (in the given time range).
Alternatively, if you already have an icon on the canvas and you wish to associate that action with action data then do the following:
- Click on the action, then click on the tracking settings icon
- In the tracking menu, open the Custom Actions dropdown and select the desired action.
- Optional - You can add additional AND WHERE properties to further define that event. For example, instead of the icon representing ALL scroll actions, we only want it to represent when someone scrolls to a depth of 75%.
If you have any questions or need further clarification with using actions, remember to reach out to our support team anytime by emailing email@example.com, we are always ready to assist you!