Once you have setup your Google Tag Manager, the next step is to install the Funnelytics script into Google tag manager.
Grab the Funnelytics code snippet from the workspace settings
- Click on your workspace on the left side of the Funnelytics dashboard
- Click on settings
- Copy the script to your clipboard
Add a tag in GTM
Back at Google tag manager, create a new tag that is set to fire on all pages.
- Click on Tags
- Click the Red 'New' button
- Give the tag a title (ex: Funnelytics - Base Script)
- Click on tag configuration
- Choose Custom HTML
- Paste the Funnelytics script in the HTML box
- Under advanced settings > tag firing options select 'Once per page'
Great! Now we need to select a trigger for our script to fire on. For the base code, we are going to tell it to fire on all pages.
- Under the tag configuration settings click on 'Triggering'
- Select the trigger named 'All pages'
- Hit Save in the top right
Once your changes are submitted and live on the site this tag will now fire the Funnelytics script on all pages of our website where GTM is installed.
NOTE: The Funnelytics Script cannot be installed more than once per page as this will cause conflicts in the tracking, resulting in altered numbers.
If the script was installed directly on the site before adopting GTM, assure that it has been completely removed.
Using multiple scripts from different workspaces on the same site/pages will cause the same issues.
If something is missing in the documentation or if you found some part confusing, please reach out to our support team, with your suggestions for improvement.
We love hearing from you!