How to use Funnelytics with URL shorteners like bit.ly
Note: It doesn't matter which URL shortener you use - they all should work!
Follow these steps when using Funnelytics with URL shorteners.
- Create the traffic icon in the canvas and connect it to the page
2. Click the Settings Icon on the source to go to the KPI Bar
3. Go to Tracking, and fill out all UTM terms in the traffic icon settings
4. Copy the full URL from the URL box.
Note: Should contain the URL from the page it's connected to as well as the UTM parameters we just created.
5. Paste this URL in your link shortener tool.
6. Paste your shortlink in the traffic source.
The shortlink now contains the URL with the parameters attached to it. If someone were to click on the shortlink it would load the URL parameters and Funnelytics will be able to track the traffic from that traffic source.
If you have any questions or need further clarification with Using URL shorteners, remember to reach out to our support team anytime by clicking the support icon in the bottom-right corner of your dashboard, we are always ready to assist you!